Old 02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Jim Brown

Default Which plants for Discus tank ?

KEITH JENNINGS wrote in message
I am getting some Discus fish in a few days, and I'm adding them to my
planted South-American tank.

I will need to raise the temp to 84-6 F for the Discus.

Which plants do well at 84 F or higher ?

I have these plants in the tank now :
Hygrophila species
North American water lilly ( species ? )
Amazon Swords
Dwarf Swords
Bananna plants
Hornwort
Anacharis

Which ones will be ok with the higher temp ?
Please point me to a good website if you don't want to type a long answer

Thanks in advance ;
Keith J.
--

Forget the N.A. water lily, the hornwort, and the anacharis. All are from
temperate climes, and are adapted to take the cold. They will fail in

Jim