Old 02-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Paulo

Default Oncidium flexorum

It is possible Gene. I hope now is recovering fine.....I am getting 2 new
growth from the oldest bulb....Whne is gonna happen with the other 2 the
plant already have...?

Sorry for all these questions, I am pretty new with orchids and it is hard
to "understand" them.......

--
Paulo
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Paulo,

You may consider that during the repotting you may have done something to
damage the bud/growth.

I've also had Oncidium types abort a growth when I rotated the plant or
water laid in the new growth just because of the angle it was growing from
the pot.

I've also seen an individual growth rot when a fat handed gardener (no

need
to point fingers here) in his anxiousness to clean up and see want was
happening around the growth accidently tugged on the growth or the

paperthin
sheath that surounds it and damaging the new growth. When I see that guy
again I'm gonna fire him!

Good Growing,
Gene

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
I have repotted recently (2 motnh ago) and the bulbs are ok, the new

growth
died, and from the oldest bulb 2 new growth start. Otherwise, seems to

be
ok...

Thanks

--
Paulo
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
Yes it is, but usually only if something potentially lethal has

happened
the newer bulb, as is apparently the case here since the new growth is
dying. It would probably be wise to repot, cutting off the newer bulb

if
there are any signs of rot. Then I'd soak it in Physan for 15 min or

so
before repotting.

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Everyone, i have a question...my onc.flexorum is growing from the
oldest
pseudobulb....and the growth it had in the youngest one is

dying....Is
it
commun to grow from an old pseudobulb?

Thanks