Old 03-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Radika Kesavan

Default Sevin and toxicity?

Unique Too wrote:

Where's Radika? I'm sure she can tell us how bad this stuff really is.

Heh. Oh, I don't know - I can also tell when something is not as bad as
some claim it to be.

Hey, who needs her anyway? I found these myself! (just kidding R.)

See how watching a little URL hurling makes everyone do the same with
great panache ;-)?

http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/ipm/insects/ld50.htm

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/facts-sl...bre-sevin.html

It seems Sevin isn't nearly a bad as some of the products out there.

This is what Extoxnet has to say on Sevin/Carbaryl:
http://ace.orst.edu/info/extoxnet/pips/carbaryl.htm

"The only documented fatality from carbaryl was through intentional
ingestion," they say, and perhaps the other toxic effects are also from
intentional exposures (?).

--
Radika
California