Old 03-07-2003, 03:56 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default Lawn Sprinklers

Holy Cow, Im glad I did mine myself.

Total cost of about $400.00

rented a trencher to lay the pipes for me, this covers my front lawn, 2
flowerbeds, 1 rose garden on 3 different zones. Been in the yard now for
about 3 years with no problems. If you think about it, that means that my
cost of 400.00 was almost all parts, with the exception of the trencher
layer thing that we rented for the day, which I dont remember how much that
was. So I guess the rest between doing it myself and others paying for it,
must be pure labor (give or take for the size of different lawns)

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
: That sounds about right. I had about a 10000 sqft lawn, and 1 bed, 7
: zones, of average difficulty, done here in NJ for about $2300 5 years
: ago.
:
:
:
:
:
:
: "Ponyboy" wrote in message
: I install sprinkler systems with a buddy and if you have a lot of
flowers
: and driveways to go under, that takes a factor in cost. Also if you have
: areas with a lot of roots to put some sprinkler heads, that adds to cost
: also in case of machine damage. If you dont have a lot of obstacles and
: flowers, an average size lot about 55 by 130 would possibly be around 2
: 3000 in Detroit Michigan area. But Ive seen some lots cost a lot more.
: "GSX" wrote in message
: ...
: Before I even tell my wife I'm thinking of putting in lawn
: sprinklers...does
: anyone have a rough estimate on how much systems costs?
:
: The area I want to have sprinklered is about 8,000 square feet. I live
in
: CT.
:
: Thanks for any advice or info!