Old 03-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Ray Barkalow

Default Oncidium flexorum

Old pseudobulbs will probably not grow leaves, but the new growths should
sustain it fine.

--

Ray Barkalow -- First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com
"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
Gene, my plant doesnt have any leave...just three pseudobulbs and the 2

new
growth from the oldest pseudob......I am wondering if i am not watering
enough......

Thanks

--
Paulo
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Paulo,

My guess is that the other growths will mature without any futher

problems.
Just be careful that the water does not accumulate in the nest of leaves
when you water. It seems that some Oncidiums dislike that puddle of

water.

Good growing,
Gene

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
It is possible Gene. I hope now is recovering fine.....I am getting 2

new
growth from the oldest bulb....Whne is gonna happen with the other 2

the
plant already have...?

Sorry for all these questions, I am pretty new with orchids and it is

hard
to "understand" them.......

--
Paulo
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Paulo,

You may consider that during the repotting you may have done

something
damage the bud/growth.

I've also had Oncidium types abort a growth when I rotated the plant

or
water laid in the new growth just because of the angle it was

growing
from
the pot.

I've also seen an individual growth rot when a fat handed gardener

(no
need
to point fingers here) in his anxiousness to clean up and see want

was
happening around the growth accidently tugged on the growth or the
paperthin
sheath that surounds it and damaging the new growth. When I see

that
guy
again I'm gonna fire him!

Good Growing,
Gene

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
I have repotted recently (2 motnh ago) and the bulbs are ok, the

new
growth
died, and from the oldest bulb 2 new growth start. Otherwise,

seems
be
ok...

Thanks

--
Paulo
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
Yes it is, but usually only if something potentially lethal has
happened
the newer bulb, as is apparently the case here since the new

growth
is
dying. It would probably be wise to repot, cutting off the newer

bulb
if
there are any signs of rot. Then I'd soak it in Physan for 15

min
or
so
before repotting.

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Everyone, i have a question...my onc.flexorum is growing

from
the
oldest
pseudobulb....and the growth it had in the youngest one is
dying....Is
it
commun to grow from an old pseudobulb?

Thanks