Old 04-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Sevin and toxicity?

In article hMYMa.28827$Xm3.6237@sccrnsc02, says...
Not really missing anything, but maybe missing some of the behavior of the
beast. Sevin has to be ingested, and has to be consumed in high quantity to
do its thing.

Interesting. I sprayed some on the trunk of an elm tree yesterday to
kill the beetle larva as they climb the trunk. The package warns about
wearing long clothing (and prompty washing any that the Sevin gets on),
eye protection, breathing protection ...

Almost made me afraid to use it. Must have been written by lawyers :-).

And yes, a few robins will probably die from gorging on the dead larvae,
but not spraying results in a leafless tree.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?