Old 05-07-2003, 10:44 PM
tbell

Default Other backyard project on the 4th was Oncidium flexorum

It has its limits! And I've even been known to fold laundry.
Join you in a beer - Pacifico all right?
Tom
Sony DSC-S85
(Please remove appendix to reply by e-mail)

From: "K Barrett"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:42:35 GMT

My hat's off to you. I don't know how you do it. (Obviously, I have
testosterone envy.) It must be great to be a man.

I'm beat. Where's the beer?

K Barrett

"tbell" wrote in message
The only thing worse may be rehabilitating a deck with rotten joists. I've
pried and hammered off about 400 square feet of clear, heart redwood which

can't afford to replace. Now have to replace the underpinnings, then
replace, sand down and put Preservawood on the redwood. If I'm lucky, I'll
be done before it rains!
Tom
(Please remove appendix to reply by e-mail)

From: "K Barrett"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:22:43 GMT

I'm building a deck. Like an idiot I keep thinking everything should be

true
and plumb. Ha! Whatta fool! Luckily, like with dresses, trim covers a
variety of sins.

Right now I'm waiting for cement to set.

K Barrett

"Diane Mancino" wrote in message
. net...
arr, I'm doing the worst chore-scraping the house (glad its a ranch

style)
before painting. Actually its a relief to get the chipped paint off the
cedar siding, and I wish someone else here was better at it than I am,

but
I'm earning my orchid gazing time- Us northerners only have a few

months
do this in
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Diane,

There are some plants in nature that perfer not to grow in the full

sun.
When their environment changes (storm damage, logging, death of the
surrounding trees) these plants will grow toward the shade and the

more
hospitable environment.

I don't know the culture for your dendrobium but it is not

unreasonable
that
it would grow toward the best environment.

Now, go out and enjoy your patio and quit working so hard!

Good Growing,
Gene

"Diane Mancino" wrote in message
news Gee, that's too easy! now another thought. If the plant is getting a
little
too much sun will the new leads grow away from the sun? Or grow
towards
the
sun if it wants more? I think I have a dend King.that is like that-
looks
like its blowing in the wind. how can I correct that, if possible?

One of my problems is that I was so busy since I moved here 1 1/2 yrs
ago,
that I don't even know how much sun my patio gets during the day. I
certainly have no time to be on it!