Old 05-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Climbing Hydrangea 'Petiolaris'

The message
from "Janice" contains these words:

Same here, planted one this time last year and it's still less then 12
inches high, although it's bushing out nicely.

I believe these things are slow to start but I'm getting rather impatient
and thinking of trying something else instead.

I've had mine four years and it's still only about 3 to 4 feet and only
just now beginning to cling successfully to the wall it's against. It's
been a bit neglected and probably rather dry, but I can confirm that
they can be very slow to get going! I think mine is just beginning to
take off now.

Janet G