Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Noydb

Default HELP? Vegetable plants all have light green leaves?

Bob Petruska wrote:

I have a major problem where all my vegetables have very luight green
leaves
to where the are almost yellow. I live in northeastern PA and June was
just 30 days of rain and now sun so this may be a factor.

The veggies that are light green are Tomatos, peppers, beans, cucumbers,
onions, cabbage. I use 10-10-10 fertilizer, and Ironite. PA has acid
rain so I usually mix in soem lime in the early spring.

Also the plants are not growing bushy at all the tomatos and peppers are
look thin.

Any suggestions?

Check the actual pH. You are describing chlorosis and chlorosis can have a
whole host of causes ... including disease, mineral deficiencies
(magnesium, manganese or boron) pests (sucking and root insects), soil
compaction, overwatering and bad pH. (The insects don't actually cause
chlorosis but their damage can mimic it at first glance).

Googling for chlorosis led to this link:
http://www.treesforyou.org/Planting/.../chlorosis.htm

Hope this helps,
Bill