Old 07-02-2003, 09:53 PM
DGiunti

Default Lilacs-Atlanta

Nina Salkin writes:

Lilacs in a container? That's a new one for me. I guess I have a lot
to learn about southern gardening...not to mention the south in
general.

Actually, the container was in San Francisco, but similar methods should also
work in Atlanta. I think your city gets a bit warmer so you would have to
slightly water more often than I did out here. To implement the 3 times a year
blooms that were possible with my method, you might have to cover the top of
the planter with some covering to prevent over watering from thunder storms
etc. Too much water just leaves the plant nice and green with only one spring
flowering.

The planter was a rather large one; several feet by several feet.

David Giunti email: unity
What is the question? Gertrude Stein's last words
No one mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing. Alan Watts

On Display in the UK
http://www.web-gallery.co.uk