Old 07-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Thomas Goodwin

Default First blueberries!

Kira Dirlik !! wrote:
Well, my 3 (yes, three) blueberries got ripe a few weeks ago, one at a
time. I ate each one as it ripened. All off the same bush, an
O'Neal.
I have 3 blueberry bushes and they just will not thrive. I've tried
everything, and if I let the weeds go around them, they all become
huge compared with those elsewhere in the yard, so it is not a
nutrient problem. I raised them up in a raised bed to improve
drainage. No difference. No new growth seems to come on them. They
get sun from about 10:00 am to 3:00 p.m. They don't get any flowers,
except the few on the O'Neal.
Any suggestions?
Kira

I have some in partial sun that produce almost nothing, while those in
Full sun have given me a bumper crop.