Old 07-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Morning Glories - A high 'wow' factor!

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:35:55 GMT, "Charles P"
wrote:

Ooops! I meant to post this to misc.consumers.frugal.living
- it is, of course, off-topic for rec.gardens.edible - My
apologies to all.

Not so fast. There may be some old, burned out hippies reading
this newsgroup. For them, the seeds from your cultivated
morning glories might indeed be edible, with quite a high "wow"
factor associated with them! :-)

That was a particularly unfortunate phrase to use, wasn't
it?

Misc.consumers.frugal-living picked up on it also. I used
it in all innocence, but I agree it's funny now.

I knew morning glories were poisonous, I had no idea that
'poisonous' includes 'hallucinogenic' in this case.

Pat