Old 07-07-2003, 10:15 PM
anne

Default Plant identification needed and a few questions!

I think the first pic - Persian Ivy looks quite nice. It's evergreen at
least! Russian Vine (mentioned by Jeff) would be great, because it's so fast
growing (the ivy might take a while) but it loses it's leaves in winter I
think. If I were you, I'd stick with some kind of ivy, at least it will be
green all year round. Have you considered having just a few evergreen plants
lined up in a row that don't climb? Then you have more to choose from. I've
got some asparagus fern in a tub, it grows pretty fast, bushy-ish and
tallish, but you can guide it upwards kind of. You could attached some
planters to the wall aswell, with a few spider plants in for eg. (I'm
thinking of the low light problems here).

Anne :-)

"Banana" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
| Why not have some large pot holders on the railings and grow Ivy

Geraniums,
| (the small flowered types) and if as you say they get no frost then they

may
| well go on indefinitely.
|
| --
| David Hill
| Abacus nurseries
| www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Thanks for the reply, David.

I can't seem to find a picture of a flowering Ivy (maybe I'm not trying

hard enough?)

With Ivy in mind, have you any comments or experience on these 2

particular kind?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ges/1344.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ages/995.shtml

If I go for Ivy, it would have to be a less common kind.

Regards,

Paul.