Old 07-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Banana

Default Plant identification needed and a few questions!

"anne" wrote in message ...
| I think the first pic - Persian Ivy looks quite nice. It's evergreen at
| least! Russian Vine (mentioned by Jeff) would be great, because it's so fast
| growing (the ivy might take a while) but it loses it's leaves in winter I
| think. If I were you, I'd stick with some kind of ivy, at least it will be
| green all year round. Have you considered having just a few evergreen plants
| lined up in a row that don't climb? Then you have more to choose from. I've
| got some asparagus fern in a tub, it grows pretty fast, bushy-ish and
| tallish, but you can guide it upwards kind of. You could attached some
| planters to the wall aswell, with a few spider plants in for eg. (I'm
| thinking of the low light problems here).
|
| Anne :-)

Thanks Anne.

The affect I want to produce is one of a little 'wildness' indoors. If I were to attach
planters to the wall, I think I may loose the effect I want to create as they would look
'purposely' put there, although I agree they would be attractive in their own right.

It sounds like I am fairly limited to the Ivy with my situation.

I like the Persian Ivy and may opt for that. Russian Vine also seems nice but if it drops
its leaves everywhere, it may not be practical on a private and shared landing.

Regards,

Paul.