Old 08-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Jo Ling

Default Finding a property with a Big Garden

Drakanthus wrote in message
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there any properties out there
for sale with big gardens that don't cost a fortune i.e. less than 120k?

We
don't care about the type or state of the property - even a semi derelict
will suffice.

Um ... Mid Lothian? Outer Hebrides? Abergrynfynwy?

Seriously, though, I think you'll be stretching it a bit, especially if
you're looking at the south coast of England. And "large garden" in estate
agents' speak translates to "kitchen window must be more than 3ft from back
fence", so you won't get much luck there. Dunno what to suggest, really -
perhaps just specify your spending limit to estate agents (I mean, they
barely understand that, on the whole) and be prepared for a lot of
"filtering" of the results!

Good luck!

Jo