Old 09-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Kira Dirlik

Default First blueberries!

I have acid soil. I mixed in a lot of pine and oak rotted stuff from
the woods floor. The weeds are growing better than surrounding area
because the soil is richer, with all the goodies I have given it.
It is a combination of the original clay, some topsoil I ordered by
the truckful (that seems like very finely ground leaves), rotted pine
needles, some Miracle Grow planting mix, and shovels of veggie garden
soil that has been composted over the years. I haven't specifically
tested that bed, but it seems it must be acid like every other patch
of soil around, especially with all the pine needles. It probably is
due for another dose of the stuff that is especially for blueberries
(aluminum sulfate). They are in the sunniest area I have, about the
same as Laurie's, and SHE gets blueberries. (Grrrrrrr.... envy
envy... berry envy!)
Kira