Old 09-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Rex Grigg

Default LFS here is cluless

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:00:30 GMT, "\(\(\(\\\" John Lange
\(\(\(\\\"" wrote:

Is there a source on the web to help me identify the plants that I bought?
The local LFS is basically clueless. I bought a few, just because they were
healthy looking, strong plants. Don't know if they are compatible with my
tank.

Do plants really have to come from a LFS? The plant we choose for the top
of our beta tank is just a nice leafy plant. Do aquarium plants have some
unique attributes?

Yes they do have unique attributes. Most important is they can grow
submerged. Many plants sold at clueless LFS are not true aquarium
plants. They will not grow submerged, they will just sit there and
slowly rot away.

Thanks
JOhn :-)

Semper Fi!