Old 09-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Joseph Meehan

Default A question Indoor Plant Light Bulbs

Any compact fluorescent lamp can be used. It is best to supplement the
that light with some incandescent light however.

I have not seen a "plant" version of a compact, but there may be some.
I might also suggest that it may be more efficient to use a mix source
approach rather than "plant" lights as the modified "plant" lights are
somewhat less efficient than standard fluorescent lamps. if you mixed
standard fluorescent with incandescent lamps the result may be as efficient
of more so than using the special plant lights and cheaper. I understand
the recommended mix is usually something like 2 or 3 watts of fluorescent to
1 watt of incandescent.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Green Haze" wrote in message
Hi there,

Is there available an economic compact fluorescent light bulb that can
be used on indoor plants? I live in a dark apt., and need to leave on
the light for a while for the plants, so am searching for a low
consumption, long-life fluoro bulb. that gives off the light that plants
need. Do they exist? (Thus far I have been using the regular GE
"Plant Light" bulbs)

Thank you in advance,
GH