Old 09-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Allegra

Default Allegra No rose pictures for Shiva

"elfa" wrote in

I've got the eggs outside...aging. About the garlic. I'm lousy at

recipes! Do
I use the cloves from the 2 heads or actually the 2 heads themselves? I

just
toss in the 2 heads (with cloves and skin still attached) into the

blender?

thanks

elfa

Exactly. We just peel the outer skin of the entire head
and take the center core that is often too stringy for
the blender to handle well - you know what looks like
corrugated paper at the center of the head and normally
has some strings at the base (the roots of the head) - but
throw the two heads of garlic into the blender skin and all.
When you strain the mixture the egg shells ( we don't
crack the eggs inside the house, trust me on this one
we just put them into the blender shell and all) are nothing
but sand and the garlic skin is like a sheet of gelatine
on the strainer.

We have been buying the big jars of peeled garlic
at Costco and keeping them in our second refrigerator
in the garage just for this. It is always handy and it can
be used any time.

Allegra