Old 10-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Green Haze

Default A question Indoor Plant Light Bulbs

Tom Randy wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:58:59 -0400, Green Haze wrote:

Hi there,

Is there available an economic compact fluorescent light bulb that can be
used on indoor plants? I live in a dark apt., and need to leave on the
light for a while for the plants, so am searching for a low consumption,
long-life fluoro bulb. that gives off the light that plants need. Do
they exist? (Thus far I have been using the regular GE "Plant Light"
bulbs)

Thank you in advance,
GH

Just use regular flourescent bulbs. It's all you need. Change them once a
year as the end of the bulbs darken by then and the light level at the
ends decrease.

Thanks to you and Joseph for your replies. :-)
GH