Old 23-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Bill

Default Looking for Red Mortgage Lifter

In article ,
says...

Hello everybody. It's been a while since I have posted here but I am
sure there are still lots of tomato experts around. I grew Mortgage
Lifter for the first time last year (Radiator Charlie's strain) and
was most impressed with their size and taste. This year I would also
like to grow the Red Mortgage Lifter. Problem is, I haven't found a
good source yet. The only source I have found is in Maine and I am in
Tennessee, Zone 6B. Please let me know if you have a good, more
southerly source, for Red Mortgage Lifter. I don't mind growing seeds
from Indiana or New Jersey but I think I would be pushing my luck
trying to grow seeds acclimated to Maine here in the Tennessee heat
and humidity.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

The only time I have actually seen a "Red Mortgage Lifter" was when Burpee had
an heirloom catalog several years ago. My impression is that it is about as
like the old Mortgage Lifter as the Red Brandywine is like Pink Brandywine, It
is a relatively new variety developed by one of seed savers exchange folks.

Check he

http://www.rareseeds.com/

Bill
--
We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet, and, amid all
the forms of life that surround us, no one, excepting the dog, has