Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 PM
bobkiely

Default duckweed adventure

*LOL* I know the feeling... I bought what I thought was plenty to cover 1/2
my little pond and when I got it home and put it in.....WHAT??? barely
covered an 1/8 of the pond *LOL*
"John Rutz" wrote in message

joe wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

I bought a bushel ( 25lbs) of duckweed for my veggie filter figured it
would shade out some of the algae in there and use up what nutrieents
the plants didnt it only covered about 1/4 of the open water in my

filter!

so much for prior planning i am guesing it would take 200-250 lbs to
cover it solid with out the plants that are in with it

250 pounds? That seems a staggering quantity. Probably the 25 lbs you

bought
will be 250 by next week anyway!

Joe

-- i hope so