Old 12-07-2003, 08:44 PM
K30a

Default K30a: illegal parrots feather

The existing rule in WA state forbids the sale or distribution: anacharis,
cabomba, frog bit, parrot's feather, flowering rush, fanwort, hairy willow
herb, mud mat, water primrose, garden loosestrife, Asian spiderwort,
slender-leaf naiad, yellow floating heart, grass-leafed arrowhead,
dense-flowered cordgrass, water chestnut and swollen bladderwort.

Go here for plant restrictions by state
http://www.watertropicals.com/?http:...t_restrict.htm
It is not a complete list but it gives you an idea.

Last year I saw frog's bit for sale at one of our nurseries.

My parrot's feather is now confined to the Frog Bog, took tons out last year
and it was growing in the compost pile this spring!!!
Another mass cleanout is scheduled for this fall.

Someday I expect the mosquito police to visit my ponds if West Nile takes a
hold in SE WA. I want to be legal when they come. ;-)

k30a