Old 12-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Scopata Fuori

Default Hydrogen peroxide for blackspot spores?

You beat me to it, pointing out the nomenclature.

However, the "horticultural disinfectant" is a 27% solution of hydrogen
per/dioxide, and there was no mention of that being diluted. I would be
remiss if I did not point out that diluting a 3% solution is not going to
*increase* the concentration to bring it up to anything near 27%...quite the
contrary. If it takes a 27% solution to kill spores, then 3% is just going
to annoy them.

I had not heard of using hydrogen peroxide as a spore killer, but it's worth
a try on a couple less prized specimens. I use Mancozeb (flowable manzate)
but if there is anything out there effective and less toxic, as well as
cheap, I am all for it.

Scopata Fuori

"Bad Cat!"