Old 13-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Mark. Gooley

Default Hydrogen peroxide for blackspot spores?

"Scopata Fuori" wrote in message

You beat me to it, pointing out the nomenclature.

However, the "horticultural disinfectant" is a 27% solution of hydrogen
per/dioxide, and there was no mention of that being diluted. I would be
remiss if I did not point out that diluting a 3% solution is not going to
*increase* the concentration to bring it up to anything near 27%...quite

the
contrary. If it takes a 27% solution to kill spores, then 3% is just going
to annoy them.

Well, the instructions resulted in a dilution that would be under 3%
if memory serves. I'll go back and check the pages and see if that's really
so. Again, even if 1% or less suffices, it'd kill only the spores, but
given
the cheapness and low toxicity, spraying with dilute hydrogen peroxide might
be worth the trouble...or not.

I'll have another look.

Mark., zone 8b