Old 13-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Cammie

Default lighting / plant update

"Poe Lim" wrote
I did find the Hornwort will try to take over, so you'll have to prune that
a bit, but it apparently releases allopathic substances against algae.

Wow, I hadn't heard that, very cool though. By the way I put my mini CF
lights in and all I can say is WOW. What a difference. So bright and
colorful now. I have to do a little cleaning though, they show some algae
along the gravel line that I never even saw in the incandelescent lights.
Man, I hope these are the answer for my plants and I sure hope it's not too
much light. Someone said it wouldn't be (2 - 10W Mini CF in a 10 gallon)

Keeping my fingers crossed.