Old 13-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Six-Pack's Tag said Early Girl, Fruit is Cherry Tomatoes........

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:46:29 GMT, "Dave Allyn"
(Dave Allyn) wrote:

On 06 Jul 2003 03:15:30 GMT, (Jack1000) wrote:

I bet the tags were switched by the same kids who keep putting dishwashing soap
in the fountain at the mall.

but on the other hand, that can be good too.. that's how I found
yellow pear tom's..... a tag mixup. now I plant them every year...

The tags I mean, not the dish-soap!

Didja ever see the TV ad for pasta showing happy farm folk harvesting
from their spaghetti bushes? :-)

I'm going back to the supplier of my "jellybean" plant (he lives a few
blocks away) and find out why it's an average 1" cherry type. I'm
pretty sure no one messed with *his* tags, but it sure must happen a
lot with trays of six-packs.

Yellow pears are a lot more fashionable now then when I had one
ultra-prolific plant (and plenty of volunteers the next year). I
wonder about its ancestry -- such a distinctive shape and color. I
don't know of any 'red pear' tomatoes. Perhaps a sport that bred true?