Old 14-07-2003, 07:02 AM
B & J

Default Better tomatoes through pruning

"Vi & Rene" wrote in message
. ca...
I am new to this news group and I am hoping to get some pointers on the

best
methods of pruning tomatoes, or places I can look to find more

information.
I am in a northern climate with a short growing season. Any help would

be
greatly appreciated.
--
Vi

to respond by email, remove the "2" from my email address

I've been raising tomatoes for more year than I care to remember and have
learned not to do any pruning, and I've lived in zone 3 to zone 6. I find
that pruning cuts production and tomato quality. Leaves protect the tomatoes
from sun scald and also aid in producing larger tomatoes because the leaves
produce the food that adds to size. I like leaves and suckers.

John