Old 14-07-2003, 11:22 PM
pixi

Default Fences and Lot Lines

Thanks everyone. I'll probably get a lawer although I don't know why we
would need another survey. The trees that were on the property line grew
through the fence. When they put the new fence up, they cut the fence
leaving bits of the old fence sticking out of the trees. So the old and
legal lot line is still clearly marked.

Thanks again.

Pixi
"pixi" wrote in message
I need an answer but don't know where to look on the internet. Has anyone
got any ideas about this?

There is about 800 feet of fence between us and a neighbor. The neighbor
recently put up a new fence. When ever a tree had grown up on the lot

line
he put the fence on our side thus putting the trees on his side of the
fence. In most cases this meant a foot or more of our property on his

side
of the fence.

I believe the law used to say if the fence remained there for 20 years,

the
land on his side was the neighbors.

This means that the neighbor took aboutg 800 square feet of land. That/'s

lot of land. Does anyone know where I can find out what we can do about
this.

Thanks a bunch.

Pixi