Old 15-07-2003, 12:53 AM
linda mar

Default Cloudy water after water change

Hi,

another potentially basic (meaning, stupid) question to ask, is that when
you wash your media, you're using either an aged water, old tank water or
de-chlor/de-chloramined water so you don't kill the bacteria colonies...

I've had a similar problem when I place the newly cleaned Micron cartridge
on my Magnum (water going slightly cloudy after filter change).. Found out
that when I clean the Micron filter using their recommended regimen (use 4:1
water:bleach solution, rinse well, dry and reuse), I hadn't quite
de-chlorinated the filter, which somehow seems to have temporarily disrupted
my bacteria colony and caused slight cloudiness.

now I soak and rinse the washed cartridge for days, then douse it in to
super-dechlorinator-saturated water to make sure I get all the chlorine out
before putting it back into the tank..

if anyone knows the most effective way to leech chlorine out of filter
pleats, let me know!

linda

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Ron Nelson wrote:
How long has the tank been setup? Sounds like a bacteria bloom in a tank
that hasn't fully cycled yet.

Nope, the tank has been cycled for months. All water parameters are

perfect.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv