Old 15-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Jody Pellerin

Default Cloudy water after water change

Your tank may be getting too much light. Is it in sun light? Do you leave
your hood lights on a lot? That can and does tend to make the water quite
cloudy.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
I've been meaning to post here about the cloudiness that sets on my large
tank after I make water changes and fertilize the plants. The small tank
doesn't get it, just the big one. Yesterday I changed about 30% of the
water and fertilized with Fluorish, Fluorish Iron, Fluorish Excel, plus I
added some Freshwater Trace. Like clockwork, the water started turning
cloudy about an hour after the water change. This morning it's cloudy, but
it should start clearing this afternoon. I also cleaned the filter
(Eheim), rinsing all the media in it.
One interesting aside is that everytime I make a water change, some of the
usually shy clown loaches come out and hang out all over the tank.

Anybody else get cloudiness after water changes?

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

---