Old 15-07-2003, 06:23 AM
Norm

Default Better tomatoes through pruning

"Vi & Rene" wrote in message
. ca...
I am new to this news group and I am hoping to get some pointers on the

best
methods of pruning tomatoes, or places I can look to find more

information.
I am in a northern climate with a short growing season. Any help would

be
greatly appreciated.

I live in New Orleans where it's almost impossible to grow tomatoes - or so
it seems. I've found that *lightly* pruning my plants helps to combat
fungus problems (by letting more sun & air get to the interior of the
plant), but I do think the plants suffer in some ways despite my good
intentions. If you have a specific reason for pruning - like fungus - then
do so, but carefully. However, I would advise against pruning in most case.

good luck and happy gardening,
~norm