Old 15-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Graham Broadbridge

Default Cloudy water after water change

Hi Victor,

Happens to me every couple of weeks when I do a 30% water change and add
fertilizer (doesn't matter whether I use flourish or florena).

As you say it goes away after a day or so.

I put it down to excess nutrients that the plants need to gear up to handle,
as well as other stuff in the dechlorinated tap water that needs to
settle/be filtered out.

Tank size here is 60 gal.

Regards,
Graham.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
I've been meaning to post here about the cloudiness that sets on my large
tank after I make water changes and fertilize the plants. The small tank
doesn't get it, just the big one. Yesterday I changed about 30% of the
water and fertilized with Fluorish, Fluorish Iron, Fluorish Excel, plus I
added some Freshwater Trace. Like clockwork, the water started turning
cloudy about an hour after the water change. This morning it's cloudy, but
it should start clearing this afternoon. I also cleaned the filter
(Eheim), rinsing all the media in it.
One interesting aside is that everytime I make a water change, some of the
usually shy clown loaches come out and hang out all over the tank.

Anybody else get cloudiness after water changes?

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv