Old 16-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Henry

Default roses for a hedge?

Cass wrote:
In article , Henry
wrote:

There are bloom pictures of mine from this spring on these two pages:
http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/20030610.php (half way down)
http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/20030520.php (at the bottom)
Click on the pictures for larger versions in a popup window.

Your shots of r. glauca are enticing. What great foliage that one has.

I've got to say that I think this rose doesn't get as much attention as
it deserves. I first saw it in Kent (England) in 1996 where practically
every garden had it somewhere. I fell in love with it and it's one rose
I hope to always have. The flowers are pretty but you certainly don't
grow if just for that. It also has lovely, if inconspicuous, shiny,
purple hips. It makes a great backdrop to bright green plants in our
side garden which features lots of purple flowers.

--
Henry