Old 16-07-2003, 12:52 PM
The Cook

Default SOS: Please send rain!

Frogleg wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:29:53 -0700, wrote:

To add insult to injury it was 97d egrees at 0530 this a.m.
Dont' know the humidity numbers, but the air is thick and oppressive in
addition to being hot. They say the "monsoon" is here already.
Used to be, when I was a kid here, we had big thunderstorms in the evenings
in monsoon time. Now, with the huge city in a valley, and the heat hanging
over the city, the clouds don't get into the city and the rain falls far out
on the desert. Can't remember what this is called, but it is a result of
the city being too damned big.
Someone please send me a winning lottery ticket, I want to move to the
mountains.
Roz
az usa

Wow! Are you in Phoenix? I thought *all* desert areas were quick
hot/quick cool. Guess altitude (and city-ness) must make a lot of
difference. That's brutal. The dewpoint (which I regard as a prime
indicator of discomfort) isn't too bad, but it's sure not 'go out and
play tennis' weather. You have my sympathy. :-)

I don't think that Phoenix is really desert any more. Too many people
moved in and planted grass and trees to make them feel like they were
still in other parts of the country. If everyone is watering lawns it
tends to up the humidity.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.