Old 16-07-2003, 10:12 PM
matt clark

Default what type of cement to use for pond?

I am using a cement liner because i live in az. and the sun is really
harsh on materials. Most people here say to use conerete.
Thanks for the help

joe wrote in message ...
matt clark wrote:

I am putting a new pond in my back yard. It is my first time doing a
project like this. I have pretty much got the hole dug at about 3'5"
and i have already purchased the rebar. My problem is that i cant seem
to figure out the best type of concrete to create a liner. I was told
gunite and portland. but im not sure. Also will I have to seal it
regardless of what type of cement i use? Soo many questions. Also if
anyone has any tips i would appreciate any help on sealing the drain
or plumbing tips.

Matt,

Are you building a formal style pond that requires concrete, or is there a
reason you don't want to use a rubber liner? I think pretty much everyone
here uses EPDM liner (or permalon). It is way easier that using concrete.

Joe