Old 17-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Racf

Default Cloudy water after water change

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Poe Lim wrote:
handle the full load. As I said, I have seen that when I did a large

water
change and disinfected the (dead) media. The bio-media isn't the only

place

What makes you think I disinfected anything? I don't wash my biomedia.

Ever.

change, the system is overloaded. Does anyone know if the ammonia

released
from the breakdown of chloramines, although converted to a

non-harmful form
for fish, is still availalble o the bugs and plants?

All water conditioners, including Prime, that neutralize chloramines

also take
care of the clorine and the ammonia released.

I have to say though the chemical reaction theory is also plausible

as your
water is very alkaline.

My tank water is not alkaline, but the tap water is.

How is this possible/being done?

How do you feel about experimenting, and just changing one parameter

at a
time, and see what causes the problem? G

I'll try that. If only I remembered to fertilize weekly instead of

monthly.
But my plants grow like weeds already, I don't want them to grow any

more.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv