Old 17-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Ron Hansen

Default costs of buying/maintaining a tank

75 gallon freshwater tank with fish, stand, light, Aquaclear 300 & 200,
heater, gravel, ornaments - $200 (someone was moving)

New, unused 55 gal and 30 gal drums so that I could move the fish and
all the water and gravel about 100 miles - $45 from the manufacturer (I
picked them up from the plant) Taking the water and gravel (bio) meant
that I did not have to cycle the tank (and find somewhere to put an 11"
Oscar)

Spongebob Squarepants ornament for my 3 year old son to look at - $7

Python gravel cleaner/water changer - $35

New impeller for @#$*% noisy Aquaclear 300 - $8

New filtration system because the Aquaclears are too noisy, don't mech
or bio filter well enough and to be able to push the tank back to the
wall:
Rainbow Lifegard Quiet One 3000 Pump - $50
Rainbow Lifegard AF-94T Mechanical Module - $42
Rainbow Lifegard AF-93T Chemical Module - $29
Rainbow Lifegard AF-92T Heater Module - $29
Seastorm 100 Fluidized Bed Filter - $20 (eBay)
Eheim air diffuser - $6
Air pump - $15
Assorted plumbing - $40

All told - about $500

"Will you please shut up!" "You shut up. I am zee author,
you are zee audience. I outrank you." -- The Producers