Old 17-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Troy Bruder

Default Iron help...

Hello,

I have a 27 gallon fresh water planted tank... Plants have been doing
fairly well over the last year, but have never really been thriving...
After much testing, I discovered that I have an iron deficiency in the
water... I have been using the Red Sea "Plant Success" products for a
year... The recommended dose of FE is 5 ml per 60 gallons every week..

Here's the problem... I have a test kit which shows ZERO FE in the water
after doing this for at least a YEAR.. Over the last week or so, I have
added over 600 ml of FE to the water and still can't get a reading
(actually, I think it's reading .1 ppm right now)... What gives?!?!?

I have an external canister filter with no active carbon... Only ceramic
pre-filter media and filter pads (Fluval 204)..

Any ideas for me??

Other info:

CO2 injection; Ph=6.8-7.0; DKh = 5; Temp = 79-82

(If anyone can help me identify the plants too, that would be great!)

Thanks,
Troy