Old 17-07-2003, 08:43 PM
LeighMo

Default Iron help...

Here's the problem... I have a test kit which shows ZERO FE in the water
after doing this for at least a YEAR.. Over the last week or so, I have
added over 600 ml of FE to the water and still can't get a reading
(actually, I think it's reading .1 ppm right now)... What gives?!?!?

Iron test kits are notoriously inaccurate. Especially if you've got a Red Sea
test kit. A lot of people complain they are worthless.

You don't say how much light you have over your tank, but it's possible you
need a more complete fertilizer than you are using. I would switch to Tropica
Mastergrow or Seachem Flourish. And don't bother measuring iron. Just keep
adding more until the plants are nice and green.

Depending on how much light you have, and your fish load, you may need to add
nitrate and phospate, too.

Leigh