Old 17-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Martin

Default Adding Potassium - any thoughts

Kelvyn

Avonchem will not sell to individuals as I found out today, well they will
sell to anyone as long as they are VAT registered - which seems stupid to
me! and they have a £100 minimum order.

There is also a company called Scientific and Chemical Supplies Limited -
again no sale to those not VAT registered however, if you have a local
aquarist (like I do) they are VAT registered and they should get it for you
if you give them the details. The costs of KNO3 is £31 approx for 1 Kg which
will last 4 years in a 250L tank. K2SO4 is £26 for 1 Kg.

They are pricey but I later found a company that sold me the chemicals over
the phone using a credit card - just try one or two from a search engine and
Im sure one of them will. The main problem is getting them to deal in small
amounts - S&C Supplies Ltd will do that but only to companies that have a
proper turnover.

They are obviously trying to prevent selling to stupid people that want to
make the odd bomb or two. I mean that literally. I would be cautious about
the USA - I would assume that's the sort of traffic customs are looking for
even though it is legitimate.

Martin

"Kelvyn Shaw" wrote in message
I called Avonchem today to check if they would sell to private individuals
but they wouldnt. I am thinking about ordering from the USA.