Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Lava Plays

Default wow.. clear water finally!

hi, how did you do it?
would you please teach me?
thanks.

"linda mar" wrote in message
Hi all,

long time ago, I posted regarding ways to clear up water... and I think I
finally did it! (after increasing fish population by 50% or so and lots of
trials..)

adding Flourish Excel was helping (in addition to Flourish and Flourish
Iron.. I should buy Seachem stocks..).. the level of cloudiness seems to
vary from barely visible to hazy (not really cloudy, but just hazy). and

it
seemed like the haziness was worse in the evenings than in the mornings
(could be the lighting, but..) and no.. the water was not green (just
slightly hazy)

few days ago I got hold of Flourish Nitrogen.. and put about 50% dose in

the
tank for the first time... (my nitrate is zero in the tank, so..)

in two days, wham! the water is crystal clear!!! (now the algae growth

on
the back side of the tank is painfully obvious.. hmmm)

I guess lack of nitrogen was definitely limiting the plant nutrient intake
that was causing the haziness... does this mean I can conclude although

it
was white haze it wasn't bacterial? do things really make this sort of
drastic change? or is non-green-haze=bacteria always?

or may be it's the loaches I added (that ate snails).. or the cories (that
still hasn't figured out that the tablets are for them to eat) that I

added
in the past 2 weeks...

just happy :-)

linda