Old 17-07-2003, 09:44 PM
LeighMo

Default got new cabomba, how does it root?

I just got a new little few stalks of cabomba. How fast does it root?

Depends on how much light and CO2 you have. It can be very fast. Days.

I am
having a pain in the butt trying to keep the stalks planted.

It's a common problem. I bury the bottom inch or so of each stem by dragging
it a little through the gravel. It stays down better if the part that's under
the gravel is a bit horizontal rather than perfectly vertical.

Any other tips
on how to prune and take care of it?

If you keep Cabomba, you get good at planting it, because it grows very fast,
and it looks better if you prune it from the bottom. Just about every week, I
cut off the tops, pull out the bottoms, and re-plant the tops. You can keep
the bottoms if you want to propagate the plant, but it tends to get very
straggly if you keep cutting off the tops.

Leigh