Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Dave Millman

Default phosphates too high, need advice

SlimFlem wrote:

Ahhhh, I think I will get some of this and put it in my magnum.

http://www.seachem.com/en_products/p...phosguard.html

Well, just to confuse the issue, here's another page on Seachem's site you
should read:

http://www.seachem.com/en_products/p...9_Flrsh_P.html

They get you coming and going, huh?

Consensus here on the list is this: Phosphate is one of the three macronutrients
(along with Nitrogen and Potassium) which, along with Carbon from CO2, are
necessary for plant growth. Plants cannot grow without it. Excess Phosphate IN
THE ABSENSE OF SUFFICIENT OTHER NUTRIENTS has been implicated in algae
outbreaks, but Phosphate alone is not the culprit.