Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
SlimFlem

Default MTS and Clown Loach

My 6 clown loaches pulvarized every snail in my tank....all the "regular"
snails. As far as MTS, they get those too. As LeighMo stated, mine also
dig in the gravel looking for them. once one is found, they hold it in
their mouth and run cuz the other clowns try and take it.

also, today i put in 4 new plants in my tank. just some short stuff from
the lfs. the clowns literally attacked these plants. they swarmed them and
even bit holes in many of the leaves. i could hear them clicking as they
took bites. this lasted about 30 minutes to 45 minutes. i don't know what
they were doing....they've never done that before. they are all about
middle finger size. maybe there were snail eggs on them or something???

"Haywire" wrote in message
5.104...
from my experience,

MTS's will not make a significant difference on the algae if it's that bad
then you have to find another way.

MTS's man if only the clowns could take them on, I have 4 about 2 1/2" and
they don't touch 'em least not that I could notice a drop in the MTS
population.

"WD" wrote in

Will clowns harrass MTS's? I know they will attack some snails, but I
have a serious algae problem on the wall of my 75g acrylic. The SAE's
and gourami won't touch it, I can't use a blade scraper, and scrubbing
at it with a scrubby pad takes so much elbow grease that I slosh the
water out of the tank I'm hoping the snails will have luck with it.

tia

--
----
Billy

"When the day comes that anyone can bend
our country's laws and lawmakers to serve
selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic
government dies" -- Preston Tucker, 1948