Old 17-07-2003, 09:44 PM
LeighMo

Default Plants dying quickly. Help needed please.

I have never been able to keep the plants in the tank beautifull or
even living for a period of more than 2 or 3 weeks. They all wither
and die very rapidly once planted.

See this page:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/dying.htm

I suspect you don't have enough light for the kind of plants you are buying.
You don't say how much light you have over the tank, but if you have only an
ordinary tank hood, you probably don't have enough light to grow most aquarium
plants.

PH: 8.5
KH: 60 ppm (about 3.4, I beleive is the correct conversion)

Yikes. Your pH is pretty high for that KH. Are you adding something to the
tank?

NH3/NH4 (ammonia): around 0.6 ppm (test kit doesn't give super
precise result, so it's around 0.6ppm or maybe a little less)
NO2 (Nitrite): 0.1 or less ppm

Ammonia and nitrite should not be detectible in a healthy tank. Something's
wrong. How long has this tank been set up?

Leigh