Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Tony K

Default Troy's tank

I found that increasing the iron levels (Fe ~0.3 mg/l ) by using an iron
enriched fertilizer made a huge difference to my plants, turning them from
yellow to rich green in weeks. I wouldn't recommend this without testing for
iron first as too much iron can be harmful to fish.

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I sent that message before I intended to. :-P

Anyway, those are pictures of Troy's plants. Looks like Hygrophila and

Anubias
(the one with the big leaves). Rotala, maybe, behind and to the left of

the
Anubias?

He says it's a 27 gallon tank, with a 96 watt PCF light over it. He

injects
CO2:
pH=6.8-7.0; KH = 5.

He doesn't think his plants are thriving, but I dunno. That Hygro's taken

over
the tank! There is a bit of algae on the plant leaves, though.

Troy, you have plenty of light and CO2. If your plants aren't growing

well,
it's probably a nutrient problem. Do you know what your nitrate level is?

In
a high-light CO2-injected tank, it's not unusual to have to add nitrate.

You might take a look at this page, if you haven't seen it:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

BTW, don't worry if your Anubias isn't growing very fast. They never grow
fast. Most people plant them in low-light tanks, or in slightly shaded

parts
of bright tanks. Otherwise, they tend to get algae on their leaves.

Leigh