Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
LeighMo

Default 10gal. or smaller planted tank?

My daughter has a 5 gallon tank with 2 shubunkin, and a bunch of Java Fern.
Incandescent light, and the bloody ferns look healthier than in any of my
other tanks. Bright, Bright green, I have been pruning them for starts in
the other tanks.

Java fern are undemanding plants that don't need special lighting. They don't
need CO2 injection, special fertilizers, or special substrates, either. They
are a very good choice for beginners.

However, I hope you're planning to move those goldfish to a larger tank soon.
Goldfish grow fast and get huge. A 55 gallon tank is the minimum I would
consider for two goldfish.

Leigh