Old 17-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Dave Millman

Default pH shock or not?

Skunky wrote:

Thanx for the reply Dave. I think I will stick to the two water changes
a week, as you say, if the water changes were not so frequent then
there could be trouble with KH and pH due to the biological processes.
I was just a little concerned with the KH being low, I was always led
to believe that it should be no lower than 4, but with a good
maintaince regime, I guess not!

Skunky,

I'm not advocating 2 changes per week. There's no reason for that. One substantial
change per week is considered good practice, more than that is probably excessive.