Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
LeighMo

Default UV steralizer

The other is for the 24 hour period after a water change.

Why for a 24 hour period after a water change? (Just curious -- I've never
heard that one before.)

I originally got my UV sterilizer to prevent ich. I just couldn't face
prophylactic treatment with chemicals for a 75 gallon tank, over the long weeks
of stocking using Chuck's "no-cycle" setup.

I've left it on since, mainly to knock bacteria levels down closer to the
natural levels you find in lakes and streams, but I'm thinking of turning it
off. It's one more powerhead to clean, and I'm lazy!

Leigh